One thing every homeowner has in common is that we all need more storage space.
As a result, the hire-storage industry is booming. By 2020, it is estimated to be worth almost $809 million. Hundreds of Aussie families are losing money each week to Self-Storage fees.
What people don’t realise is that there is a better way to store your belongings. Enter the home storage alternative. By adding a quality storage shed to your backyard, you can store your belongings safely, with no ongoing fees & improve your property value! Here’s the top 5 benefits of a backyard storage shed.
1. Adds Value to your property An additional structure that looks good and serves a useful purpose will always add value to your property. It becomes even more appealing if your storage cabana/shed/garden room is multi-purpose and not just for storing garden equipment or treasured trivia. Garden Rooms can become guest rooms, home offices, play rooms, or even a man cave. In fact, while it is called a “shed” in the business, it can be nothing like a shed if you know how to dress it up.
According to experts, adding value to your property is not just in renovating the main house and landscaping, it is also found in being able to create a space outside the main house that impresses.
2. Quick & Easy Process A Melwood garden room or storage cabana/shed can be up and ready for use in 24 hours and unlike the granny flats, you do not usually need to get a permit to build this on your property. Click here to read more about council exemptions.
3. De-clutter your home, but keep your belongings close. Imagine going frantic when you realize that something you need is stored miles away. This is normal for people who rent storage facilities and it can cause stress especially if you urgently need the item. By putting up a nice modern garden room or storage shed in your garden, you reduce the anxiety of having treasured items far from you, and reduce clutter in the main house. You don’t have to drive anywhere when you need something that you’ve got in storage.
4. Easy to move. Moving? Redesigning your backyard? A Melwood garden room or storage shed can be moved. If you want to redo your garden or backyard landscaping, it is not impossible to move the shed around to a new location with the help of professional. If you sell the property in the future, you can leave the shed there as it will add value to your property and allow you to ask for a higher price from buyers.
5. Immediate & Long-term Savings. The savings you will enjoy are irrefutable. Remember one thing; rent is expenditure, not an investment. ‘Money down the drain’ so to speak. It’s always wise to achieve what you need by investing. By adding extra storage space to your property, you will not only recognise a return on the investment, but you will also save on storage fees, but insurance, transportation cost to and from the storage facility, and other incidental expenses that can add up over the years.
When choosing a building for self storage in your backyard, you’ll want to choose a cabana or garden room that is well made, built to last & comes with a long term warranty. A quality investment over a cheap alternative always wins in the long run.
If you’re ready to enjoy the benefits of your own self-storage in your backyard and save on storage fees, we’re ready to help you.
If you’d like to see a garden room in person, visit one of our Sydney Display Centres, where you can take a look at all the options & get your questions answered.
Financial disclaimer-The information provided in this post is general information only. Before acting on this information you should consider the appropriateness of the information, having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs. Please consult a professional in that taxation field before proceeding with your purchases that you may use for deduction purposes.