A lot of homeowners realise (after putting in a pool) that they don’t have any shaded area poolside!
We all know the feeling of hot bricks or tiles under the Aussie summer sun. It’s definitely not somewhere you want to lie down!
It’s important to create a cool, shaded area where you can sit back & relax with a cool drink.
How to Add Shade to your Pool Area
There are a few ways that you can add shade to your pool area – from shade sails to pergolas to a cabana.
One solution in particular – the pool cabana – is becoming very popular with Aussie homeowners.
Pool Cabanas are becoming a very popular way to add poolside shade. Mod Cabana No.18 5.4m x 3.2m
Why are Pool Cabanas so popular?
It’s multipurpose. More than just a shaded area, a pool cabana can become a multifunction space and may even be used from time to time as a separate room (home gym, home office, or study space for the kids).
- It can be used year-round. Instead of a pool being a space that only gets used in Summer, a pool cabana creates useful space that you can enjoy in the cooler months.
- Weather Proof – while shade sails may seem like a nice cheap option for poolside shade; how are they going to look after a storm or two? A pool area is an investment. You’ll want to make sure it’ll stand the test of time (and Aussie weather!), and look good for years to come. (PS – Melwood Pool Cabanas come with a 10 Year Structural Warranty for peace of mind).
- Cool & comfortable inside – Melwood Pool Cabanas have proper walls with stud frames – like a house. This means you can add extra insulation and line the walls, making it feel like an extension of your home.
- You can add electrical + plumbing. Why not add a sink, a fridge & create an outdoor bar? You’ll be able to host happy hour at home all year long.
- Increased property value. If you sell your home in the future, the pool cabana counts as valuable space for the new owners. They could use it as a hobby room, games room, home office or gym! Every potential buyer wants (and values) more space.
Mod Cabana No.18 (5.4m x 3.2m)
And what do Pool Cabana Owners say?
Jordi chose a Melwood Pool Cabana for her property so she could “have a beautiful sheltered pool area” and says “It will be a multi-purpose cabana: pool relaxing area, teenage retreat and visitor accommodation. “
This Mod Cabana was installed this week. Custom size – 5.4m x 2.0m
Claudia’s poolside cabana is perfect for entertaining. She says:
“It’s the spare room that our main house doesn’t have. We use it for guests, parties, quiet afternoon naps, as a painting studio and just to get “away”.
It’s a fabulous addition to our house.” – Claudia, Northern Suburbs
Porch Cabana No.12 (3.6m x 3.2m)
Justine’s Pool Cabana is going to be “Part woodworking shed, part entertaining for backyard pool parties!” and the biggest benefit for her? The Cabana has “provided more space for teenagers to hang out so they don’t take over the house!” – Justine, Upper North Shore
Mod Cabana No.12 (3.6m x 3.2m)
Get all your Pool Cabana Questions Answered
Putting in a pool cabana is fast & easy.
We realise you might have a few questions about how to get the right Pool Cabana for your property.
If you’d love to see our Pool Cabanas in person, we have 3 locations in Sydney which you can visit. Click here to book in a time.
More Inspiration for your Melwood Pool Cabana