The clever grid-floor design by Melwood gives many advantages over a normal static cabin, saving time, money, hassle and danger of flooding!
1. “Our Structures Do Not Require A Concrete Base Or Concrete Foundation.” Because we use pre-cast and pressure tested concrete footing pads, we do not need a concrete foundation. Not needing a concrete slab means we can keep our prices considerably lower.
2. “Our Structures Can Be Fitted On Very Uneven Ground.” Every section of the base is individually adjustable which means that your Cabana can be fitted on very uneven ground. With other structures, you would have to have a concrete foundation laid as flat as possible, otherwise it would not be level. This is not an issue with our Cabanas. Virtually any severity of sloping land can be accommodated.
3. “Your Melwood Structure Can Sit On Different Foundations.” Some of the foundation could be lawn, some could be slabs, some could be an old concrete foundation. So if the site for your Melwood Structure is a mixture of grass, gravel, concrete, slabs, soil, etc. it is not a problem for Melwood’s floor system.
4. “The Base Means Zero Danger Of Dampness.” The base means there is always an air gap between the ground and your Melwood Structure so there is zero chance of dampness being a problem.
5. “Your Melwood Structure Can Be Fitted In Areas Where Flooding Is A Danger.” This advantage been pointed out to us by a number of our customers. One client lives right next to a river and wanted their cabin to be elevated above any likely flood level. This was very easily accommodated.
6. “The Base Means We Can Have Your Melwood Structure Ready For You Very Quickly.” If we can deliver your Melwood Structure quickly, this means we have lower wage bills, lower vehicle hire costs, lower overnight accommodation costs. All of these savings can be passed on to you. Our prices represent excellent value because our designs are more efficient.
7. “You Must Always Have A Strong Foundation.” Many of our Structures are used as gyms where there is extra weight and stress. Our base is designed to withstand this type of stress.